Finally, NDA 2 2020 Notification released by Union Public Service Commission on its official website www.upsconline.nic.in. All those candidates who were eagerly waiting for UPSC NDA 2 2020 Exam Notification can now apply online at upsc.gov.in from today onwards.
Click here for the online application [Apply Online]. The NDA 1 2020, which was scheduled to be held on 19.04.2020, was deferred against the backdrop of COVID-19 outbreak. Now, a common examination will be held for both NDA 1 2020 and NDA 2 2020 on September 6, 2020 as mentioned in the NDA 2 2020 Notification released today.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website or click here to go directly on the page upsconline.nic.in.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination.
- Candidates of NDA 1 2020 who intend to apply for NDA 2 2020 should note that their photograph, signature, choice of Centre & Photo ID as per NDA & NA (II) 2020 application will be utilised for the purpose of allotment of centre and future referencing and they are advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination. They should also note that any variation in photograph/signature/date of birth in two applications may entail cancellation of candidature for either of the two examinations or both. Such common candidates are required to indicate their unique RID of NDA & NA Examination (I) 2020 in the application form for NDA&NA Examination (II) 2020. The unique RID for NDA & NA Examination (I) 2020 was provided to each of them after submission of application for the examination earlier.
- The candidates should also note that no addition/deletion/any changes are allowed in online application form in the NDA & NA Examination in any circumstances once it is submitted.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsconline.nic.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be
- National Defence Academy : 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) : 43
Total : 413
Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
Exam Details NDA 1 2020 & NDA 2 2020:
- Candidates of NDA& NA Examination (I) 2020 who are eligible and intend to apply for NDA& NA Examination (II) 2020 may apply. They should, however, note that no separate written examination will be held for NDA&NA Examination (I), 2020 this year. The written examination will be common for the candidates of both NDA& NA Examination (I) and (II) 2020. However, the results of these two examinations will be prepared separately.
- Common candidates of NDA& NA Examination (I) and (II) 2020 should note that their photograph, signature, choice of Centre & Photo ID as per NDA & NA Examination (II) 2020 application will be utilised for the purpose of allotment of centre and future referencing and they are advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination. They should also note that any variation in
photograph/signature in two applications may entail cancellation of candidature for either of the two examinations or both. Such common candidates are required to indicate their unique RID of NDA&NA Exam.(I) 2020 in the application form for NDA&NA Exam.(II) 2020. The unique RID for NDA&NA Exam.(I) 2020 was provided to each of them after submission of application for this examination earlier.
NDA 2 2020 Selection Procedure:
To select the candidates UPSC follows 2 stages of the selection process. As this is a national level entrance examination the applications will be very high to imagine. So, they follow the below method to select the candidates:
- Written Examination
- SSB Interview
- Medical Test
- Document Verification
- Merit List
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2002 and not later than 1 st January, 2005 are eligible. Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are also not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George’s School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.
Centres of Examination:
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
|NDA 2 2020 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Notification Release date||16 June 2020|
|NDA 2 2020 Application Start||16 June 2020|
|NDA 2 2020 Apply Last Date||6 July 2020|
|Release of Admit card||2 Weeks before Exam|
|NDA 2 2020 Exam date||06 Sep 2020|
|Declaration of result||Oct 2020|
Click here to download the NDA 2 2020 Notification Released today