TGC-132 Vacancies are Declared by the Indian Army on it’s official website for the Recruitment of TGC 132/Jan 2021: Indian Army has released the notification for recruiting unmarried male candidates for the appointment of Technical Graduate Course 2020. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the 40 Vacancies of TGC 132 course commencing in Jan 2021 at the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (IMA) for permanent commission in the Indian Army.
The submission of the online application will commence from 28 July 2020 and remain open till 26 Aug 2020. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Go through the detailed notification to check your eligibility.
Nationality: A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will attach such certificate along with the application.
Age Limit: 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2021. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 2001, both dates inclusive).
Note: The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate or an Equivalent Examination Certificate on the date of submission of application will only be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualification for Applying: Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jan 2021 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Indian Military Academy (IMA). Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Note: For induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B. Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below at Para 3. To become eligible for induction into TGC-132 course at IMA, Dehradun, candidates studying in the final year of engineering must ensure that he submits the proof of his passing Engg degree exam by 01 Jan 2021 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his candidature will be cancelled.
TGC 132 Vacancies:
Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. The variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment/mark sheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
Note 1: These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on organizational requirements.
Note 2: Recommended candidates of TGC-132nd course (Jan 2021) whose merit is not within the number of allotted vacancies of respective Engineering streams, may be offered to join SSC (Tech) course (Apr 2021), subject to meeting all other eligibility conditions.
[table id=5 /]
How to Apply:
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under the Dashboard. A page Officers Selection ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments – Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
- Shortlisting of Applications: Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained up to 6th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of the selection centre, candidates will be allotted firm SSB dates by the system.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through a two-stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage 1 will go to Stage 2. Those who fail in Stage 1 will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at the official website of Directorate General of Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage 2.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- MERIT LIST: It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared engineering stream/subject wise on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at SSB interview. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, NCC background, etc have no role to play. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated streamwise vacancies, and are medically fit will be issued joining letters for pre-commissioning training at ima Dehradun subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Type of Commission:
Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during the training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lieutenant.
Ante Date Seniority: One-year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) up to the number of available vacancies and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Duration of training – 49 weeks.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he is allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. A candidate, if he marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his candidature will be cancelled.
- Cost of Training: The entire cost of training at IMA is at Government expense. In case the Gentleman Cadet is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than medical ground or beyond his control, he will be liable to refund the cost of training @ Rs.11952/- per week till 30 Sep 2020, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a will be calculated on the Per Capita cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- The final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of gentleman cadets from IMA and will be at the sole discretion of Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence (Army) keeping in view the existing policy. The candidate will not have any objection in the event of his final selection on the allotment of any arms/service in the interest of the organisation. No representation is tenable on this account.
Military Service Pay (MSP):
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training:
Note: On successful commissioning, the pay in the Pay Matrix of the Officer commissioned shall be fixed in the first Cell of Level 10 and the period of training
shall not be treated as commissioned service and arrears on account of admissible allowances, as applicable, for the training period shall be paid to cadets.
Click here to download TGC 132 Vacancies Declared [Notification]