What is NAVY MR ?
Navy MR stands for METRIC RECRUITMENT which is done for mainly three below given posts:
Chef (MR) will be required to prepare food as per menu (vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products), and accounting of ration. In addition, Chef (MR) will also be trained in firearms and will be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
Steward (MR) would be required to serve food in the officer’s messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, Steward (MR) will also be trained in firearms and will be allotted other duties for the efficient running of organization.
Sanitary Hygienist (MR)
Sanitary hygienists (MR) will be required to maintain hygiene in wash-rooms and other areas. In addition, Sanitary hygienists (MR) will also be trained in firearms and will be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
They have been trained for onboard ship about lookout duties as well as Small Arms handling. They are trained for ship’s landing and boarding parties also. They are also involved in all the activities which are conducted by a ship.
Candidates selected will undergo 14 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch/ Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NAVY MR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
Qualification required for MR Entry (Chef, Steward and Sanitary Hygienist) – Class X Pass from an educational board recognized by Central/State Government.
The age for SSR candidates should be between 17-20 years on the day of enrolment.
Selection of recruits is based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- The duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
- Penalty for Wrong Answer: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each wrong answer given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT)
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
SYLLABUS FOR NAVY MR EXAM
SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS
- Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets/ Earth/ Satellites/ Sun), Electricity and its applications
- Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy and Power
- Heat, Temperature, metals and Non-Metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Measurements in Science, Sound & Wave Motion, Atomic Structure
- Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry
- Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median and Mode)
- Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed and Distance
- Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbours
- Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts and Dance
- History, Defence, Wars and neighbors, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases, and Nutrition
- Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations
- Eminent Personalities, National : Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/ Song/Flag/Monuments
- Sports : Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players
RESULTS OF NAVY MR EXAMINATION
The results of the online examination will be announced tentatively after 30 days. Candidates passed in an online exam will be called for PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination. Allocation of centers for PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination will be at the discretion of the Indian Navy. The qualifying cut off marks for appearing in PFT & Preliminary Recruitment Medical may vary from State to State for MR entry.
A State-wise merit list will be published for candidates who have passed in PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination depending upon vacancies. In case of candidates securing similar cut off marks in Computer Based Examination, the candidate with a higher percentage in the qualifying examination i.e 10th will be selected for Final Enrolment Medicals at INS Chilka.