Indian Air Force has announced the notification for IAF Airmen Group X, Y recruitment 2021 for Intake 01/2022. Indian Air Force invites online applications from unmarried male (Indian/Nepalese) candidates for selection test for intake 01/2022 to join as airmen in group ‘x’ trades (except education instructor trade) and group ‘y’ trades [except Indian air force (security) and musician trades]. Online registration for the Selection Test will be available from 22 January 2021 (1000h) on www.airmenselection.cdac.in and will close on 07 February 2021 (1700h). Detailed instructions on how to register/ fill-up application forms are available on the webportal. Candidates are to strictly follow the given instructions.
IAF Airmen Group X Y Recruitment 2021 Imporatnt Events:
|Notification Release date
|7 January 2021
|22 January 2021
|Application Last Date
|7 February 2021
|Release of Admit card
|48 to 72 hrs Before Exam Date
|18 April 2021 to 22 April 2021
|Declaration of result
IAF Airmen Group X, Y Age Criteria:
Date of Birth: Candidate born between 16 January 2001 and 29 December 2004 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply. In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
Group ‘X’ (Except Education Instructor Trade): Passed Intermediate/10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream, as mentioned in the drop-down menu of the apply online section under candidate’s login on the CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in. The candidate should have completed the course from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
Group ‘Y’ [Except IAF(S) and Musician Trades]: Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in the vocational course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
Group ‘Y’ Medical Assistant Trade Only: Passed 10+2/Intermediate/ equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Note–1: Candidate eligible for Group ‘X’ examination (on the basis of intermediate/10+2) are also eligible for Group ‘Y’ and would be given an option of appearing in both Group ‘X’ and Group ‘Y’ exam in one sitting while filling up the online registration form.
Note – 2: Diploma holders are eligible to appear for Group X trades only.
Note – 3: Exact aggregate percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2 / Intermediate / Equivalent Examination / Three years Diploma Course OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board/ Polytechnic Institute shall only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not be rounded off to 50%).
Sequence of Examination:
Phase – I
Online Test [For both Group ‘ X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor Trade)] & Group ‘Y’ [except IAF(S) and Musician Trades]. Eligible candidates will be sent provisional admit cards for Phase – I of testing on their registered e-mail IDs 48-72 hrs prior to the examination, which they will download & take a colour printout and will carry the same to the examination centre on the day of online test as indicated on their respective admit cards to appear in the selection test. However, the name of the city & exam date will be intimated to candidates well in advance to enable the candidates to plan their movement. This provisional admit card can also be downloaded by the candidate under candidates login on CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in. All candidates possessing provisional admit card will undertake Online Test as per their respective group applied for, at centres designated/allotted as per their admit card. The online test will be objective type and questions will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper. Online test for candidates opting for both group ‘X’ & ‘Y’ shall be conducted in one sitting, on the same system. Candidates are to bring one blue/ black pen and original valid ID proof along with them for Phase – I testing. A demonstration video on the conduct of online test is uploaded on the CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in. Details of the test are as follows:
- Group ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor) Total duration of the online test shall be 60 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus.
- Group ‘Y’ Trades [Except IAF(S) and Musician]. The total duration of the online test shall be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- Both Group ‘X’ & ‘Y’ Trades. The total duration of the online test shall be 85 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics, and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- Marking pattern for online test:
- One mark for every correct answer.
- Nil (0) marks for unattempted question.
- 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates are to qualify in each paper separately in their respective groups. The result of Phase-I and the list of shortlisted candidates for Phase-II, based on their performance in Phase-I Online test, will be uploaded on www.airmenselection.cdac.in within one month from the date of online exam.
Phase – II
Soon after the declaration of the result of the Phase-I (Online) Test, a cut off will be applied based on the marks scored by the candidates in the Phase I Test and SHORTLISTED candidates will be sent a New admit card on their Registered e-mail IDs for phase – II test at a designated Airmen Selection Centre. This admit card for phase – II exam can also be downloaded online under candidate’s login on CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in. Candidates have to report on the stipulated date and time for Phase – II at the designated Airmen Selection Centre along with following documents:
- Colour print-out of admit card for phase – II.
- Colour print-out of duly filled application form downloaded on completion of online registration.
- HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, glue stick, stapler and black/blue ballpoint pen for writing.
- Eight copies of unattested passport size colour photograph (which was used for the online application registration).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation passing certificate (required for verification of candidate’s name, father’s name and his date of birth).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation marks sheet (only applicable for three years diploma course holders when English is not a subject in diploma course).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent examination passing certificate and marks sheet. OR Original and four self-attested photocopies of three years diploma course passing certificate and marks sheets of all semesters.
- Certificate for SOAFP (Son of Air Force Personnel), certificate for sons of serving/retired/deceased Air Force civilian employees paid out of defence estimates are to be downloaded as the case may be, from the download section of CASB web portal and brought along while reporting for phase – II of the examination.
- For Candidates discharged from Indian Army/Indian Navy/Any other Government Organisation. Original and four self-attested photocopies of discharge certificate (as issued from Indian Army/Indian Navy/ Government Organisation).
- Original Phase – I admit card used during Phase – I test bearing Air Force seal and invigilator’s signature.
- NOC in original and 4 self-attested photocopies from the employer for candidates presently serving in any government organization (if applicable).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate (if applicable).
Note: Candidate discharged from the IAF for any reason are not eligible to appear in the selection test.
Verification of Eligibility: Candidates should be in possession of the documents mentioned at para 18 above when appearing for the selection test which would be scrutinised/verified prior to commencement of Phase – II to ascertain the eligibility prima-facie. Detailed verification of all the documents listed at para 18 above shall be carried out in respect of candidates who pass Adaptability Test – 1. Candidature of those who do not meet the laid down educational criteria shall be cancelled during Initial verification of original certificates & mark sheets and also during detailed verification at Airmen Selection Centre (ASC).
Note-1: In the case of SOAFP the name of the candidate, father’s name and the date of birth of the candidate as mentioned in the discharge book/service book/ service particular certificate/ casualty certificate (as applicable) must be the same as mentioned in the matriculation passing certificate of the candidate.
Note-2: Under no circumstances the candidates shall be permitted to appear in Phase – II of the selection test without original educational marks sheets/passing certificates & documents mentioned above in paragraph 18 (e) to (k). However, candidates with photocopies of educational marks sheets/passing certificates may be permitted to appear in the selection test only on production of a certificate from college/school principal certifying that educational certificates/ marks sheets are deposited with college/school.
Note-3: The original passing certificates/marks sheets shall not be retained by the selection centre. The same shall be returned to the candidates on completion of detailed verification.
Note-4: Internet copy of mark-sheet not acceptable.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT): Names of the shortlisted candidates, who qualify the online test, shall be displayed on the CASB Web Portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in and on a stipulated date shall be called at designated airmen selection centre for Physical Fitness Test (PFT) which would consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds. Candidates shall also have to complete 10 Push-ups, 10 Sit-ups and 20 Squats within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
Note: Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts/track pants.
Candidates shall sign a consent form prior to appearing in physical fitness test/medical test for selection in IAF. He shall appear in these tests at his own risk and shall not be paid any compensation by IAF for injury/casualty if any, sustained by him during such tests. The consent form shall be signed by the parents /guardian of candidates below 18 years of age.
Adaptability Test- I (For both Group ‘ X’ & Group ‘Y’ Trades): All candidates who pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) shall have to undertake Adaptability Test-I (objective type written test) which is to assess the suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
Adaptability Test- II (For both Group ‘ X’ & Group ‘Y’ Trades): All candidates who pass Adaptability Test – I shall have to undertake Adaptability Test- II as per policy in vogue. Adaptability Test- II is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of the Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the military way of life.
Note: Candidates who qualify the selection tests of more than one group/ trade-in scheduled test and rallies held during the cycle January to June 2021 and whose names appear in more than one PSLs published on the same date i.e. 31 October 2021 shall be called for enrolment in only one group/trade as per the requirement of IAF. President CASB reserves the right to allocate any group/trade to a candidate whose name figures in more than one PSL published on the same date. If a candidate absents or expresses unwillingness to join IAF for the trade/group in which he is called for enrolment, his candidature shall get automatically cancelled for all existing PSLs.
Phase – III
Medical Examination. Candidates who qualify Adaptability Test-II shall be issued with medical appointment letter at respective ASCs. It can also be downloaded under candidates’ login on CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in for their medical examination at designated Medical Boarding Centre (MBC) on the specified date. The medical examination shall be conducted by the Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards and policy in vogue on subject issue. A medical examination would also include a Baseline Investigation of:
- Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC (b) Urine RE/ME
- Biochemistry :-(i) Blood Sugar Fasting & PP (ii) Serum Cholesterol (iii) Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine
- LFT—Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT
- X-Ray chest (PA view) (e) ECG (R) (f) Tests for Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Abuse.
- Any other test necessary in the opinion of the Medical Officer.
Candidates declared medically unfit can avail the option for ‘Appeal Medical Board’ (AMB) against their unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/RBI/SBI through Military Receivable Order (MRO). The application for AMB along with an original copy of MRO, photocopy of Unfitness Certificate are to be submitted to the representative of ASC within three working days of medical examination.
25. The recruitment medical officer and the specialist doctors of Armed Forces are the final authorities on declaring a candidate fit or unfit during the initial medical examination, appeal medical board and medical examination prior to enrolment. The candidates shall be governed by Armed Forces standards which may be a variance from civil standards. There is no provision for representation or review after the appeal medical board.
Note: Candidates are advised to get tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the Medical Examination. Ears should be free of wax. Candidates should be prepared to stay for the medical test for four to five days under their own arrangement. No TA/DA shall be admissible. Candidates using corrective glasses must be in possession of prescription from ophthalmologist bearing stamp and registration number and it should not be more than one month old. Passing in the medical examination is not a guarantee for employment in the Indian Air Force.
- NDA & NA Exam 1 & 2 2020 | NDA New Exam Date on 6 Sep 2020
- Indian Air Force Group X & Y Provisional Merit List For INTAKE: 02/2020
- Air Force Group X & Y-2020 Previous Years Paper | Download Model Papers PDF