Indian Coast Guard Navik Notification for 01/2021 batch is released today. The Indian Coast Guard, Ministry of Defence has released an official recruitment notification for the post of Navik, domestic branch (cook and steward). Aspirants can check the official notification on its website at joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. There are a total of 50 vacancies.
- Cook: They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organisation.
- Steward: They would be required to serve food in the Officer’s mess as waiters, housekeeping, maintenance and accounting of funds, wine and stores handling, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organisation.
10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate from a board of Education recognized by Central / State Government (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC / ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who has obtained Ist, IInd or IIIrd position in any field of sports events at the Open National Championship/ Inter-state National Championship.
18 to 22 years as on 01 Apr 2021 i.e. born between 01 Apr 1999 to 31 Mar 2003, both dates are inclusive. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
Note: These vacancies are tentative and may change depending on the availability of training slots.
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 30 Nov to 07 Dec 2020 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates are to log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are: –
(i) The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate.
(ii) Indicate the exact percentage of 10th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off. CGPA score in percentage will be accepted as per methodology mentioned on the mark sheet for calculating percentage as per central/state recognized education board.
(iii) Filling up of information like personal e-mail ID and mobile number of the candidates are compulsory. The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website
(iv) The application provides a choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidates are to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Early Jan 2021. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on a higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematics, General Sciences, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs & General Knowledge) and Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal).
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consist of the following:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Note: Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination and PFT, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in the initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at the training academy at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Mar 2021. It is clarified that the merit list will be zone wise and not Centre wise.
- NDA & NA Exam 1 & 2 2020 | NDA New Exam Date on 6 Sep 2020
- Indian Air Force Group X & Y Provisional Merit List For INTAKE: 02/2020
- Air Force Group X & Y-2020 Previous Years Paper | Download Model Papers PDF