Indian Army TGC entry also known as Technical Graduate Course Entry. TGC is a type of entry through which an engineering graduate (only male) can join the Indian Army as an officer. Hence, TGC entry is specific for engineering students who can apply for it from the final year onward. Let’s talk more about TGC entry for the Indian Army.
What is TGC Entry In the Indian Army?
Every year Indian Army invites application for TGC entry for the course commences at Indian Military Academy. TGC stands for Technical Graduate Course and it is notified by Additional Directorate General Recruiting/AG Branch in May/June and Nov/Dec.
Who can apply for TGC Entry?
Eligibility Criteria for TGC Entry:
Age: 20 and 27 years as of the first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
Qualification: B.E./B.Tech. final appearing & degree holders in notified streams of Engineers.
Eligible Branch: As per latest notification of TGC Course:
- Civil (including mining/ construction)
- Electrical or Electrical & Electronics
- Automobile/Workshop Technology
- Food Tech/Bio Tech/Bio Medical Engg
- Chemical Engg
- Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication/Electronics & Comn/Satellite Comm.
- Metallurgy & Explosives/Metallurgical Engg
- Industrial/Manufacturing Engg/Industrial Engg & Mgt/Production
- Electronics/Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave
- Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation
- Architecture/ Building Construction Technology
- Computer Science & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc Computer Science
How to apply for TGC Entry?
- Firstly complete your registration process on the www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- After completion of your registration, select the course, fill all the details carefully, and upload the required documents in clear pixels to avoid the rejection of your application.
- After successful submission of it, save a copy of the application form in your PC or mobile for future reference.
About the Cut off Criteria for TGC Entry?
- All eligible male engineering graduates can apply for TGC entry, later the Indian army decides the cut off percentage and shortlist the candidates out of all applicants. So at the time of applying, there are no percentage criteria.
What is the Cut off for TGC Entry?
- As per the latest shortlisted list of TGC and SSC tech, cut off marks for TGC entry remains between 60% to 78%.
About the selection procedure of TGC Entry:
- First of all, Apply for TGC online.
- The army will declare the list of shortlisted candidates based on their degree percentage.
- Shortlisted candidates will get call letter for Direct SSB Interview.
- SSB Interview is of 5 days interview. It includes Screening on the first day and 4 days of interview for the shortlisted candidates after screeing.
- Recommended Candidates by Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination.
- The final selection of a candidate will be based on all India merit lists.
- Join Indian Military Academy, if Shortlisted and medically fit.
Alternatives for TGC Entry:
- SSC tech entry is almost similar to TGC entry which is also a technical entry for the Indian army. Through SSC tech entry a candidate joins Officers Training Academy and this entry is for both male and female engineering graduates.
- CDSE is another popular entry if you want to join IMA or OTA. UPSC conducts the written exam twice every year for both male and female candidates. After the written exam, successful candidates have to appear in SSB Interview. Any final year appearing/graduate student can apply for CDSE.
- UES entry also known as University Entry Scheme is also similar to TGC and SSC tech. For UES only final and pre-final male engineering graduates are eligible for this entry.