The Union Public Service Commission held a special meeting on May 4, 2020, to review the situation after the second phase of the nation-wide lockdown due to COVID-19. Taking notice of the extension of restrictions, the Commission decided that it will not be possible to resume examinations and interviews for the present.
The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020, scheduled to be held on May 31, 2020, therefore stands deferred. Since this examination also serves as the screening test for the Indian Forest Service Examination, the schedule for the Indian Forest Service Examination is also deferred. The situation will be reviewed again on May 20, 2020, and fresh dates for these examinations shall be notified on the UPSC website in due course.
The Commission has already deferred the following Exams:
- Personality test for remaining candidates for the Civil Services Examination, 2019
- Notification for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020
- Notification for the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2020
- Notification for the Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2020
- NDA & Naval Academy Examination, 2020
As and when dates are decided for the deferred tests/examinations, it will be ensured that candidates are given a notice of at least 30 days.
As the NDA 1 2020 Exam Stands Deferred, and UPSC will review the situation again after 20th May to decide it to postpone further or declare the new dates for the exam. If the lockdown continues even after 17th May 2020, there will be fewer chances to get new dates by the end of May 2020. NDA aspirants have to wait till the situation becomes normal. So utilize this time to prepare yourself in the best way.
View this post on Instagram
- Know About All Entries to Join Indian Armed Forces
- Know All About Indian Army 10+2 TES Entry
- Know All About Indian Army TGC Entry