CDS 2 2020 notification has been released by UPSC on August 5, 2020. Interested candidates can apply for the exam against the notification till August 25, 2020. The exam for CDS 2 will be conducted on November 8. CDS exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates as Commissioned Officers in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. The exam is conducted twice a year. Every year lakhs of candidates appear for the national-level defence entrance examination in the country.
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
CDS 2 2020 Important Dates:
|Online Application Start Date||5th August 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||25th August 2020|
|Date of Exam||8th November 2020|
CDS 2 2020 Vacancies:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||100|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||26|
|Indian Air Force Academy (AFA)||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) - Men||169|
|Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) - Women||17|
How To Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website http://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available on the official website of UPSC.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
- The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her.
- This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Degree of a recognised University or equivalent|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution|
|Indian Air Force Academy (AFA)||Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering|
|Officers' Training Academy (OTA||Degree of a recognised University or equivalent|
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of the course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army).
Age limit for CDS 2 2020:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||Born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002|
|Indian Air Force Academy (AFA)||Born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2001|
|Officers' Training Academy (OTA||Born not earlier than 2nd July 1996 and not later than 1st July 2002|
Note: Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2001.
CDS Admit Card 2020:
CDS admit card is released three weeks before the exam. Candidates need to download the admit card from the official website. The admit card can be downloaded till the day of the exam by logging with either registration number or roll number. The hard copy of CDS admit card will not be sent to candidates by post.
CDS 2 2020 Exam Pattern:
The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (SSB) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission has the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
Wish you all the best for CDS 2 2020
For any assistance or query please feel free to call us on 8448446620. We are happy to help you with queries regarding this exam.
- TGC 132 Cut Off [Expected]
- TGC 132 Vacancies are Declared [Notification]
- Questions asked by Interviewing Officer in SSB Interview: CIQs Decoded
- Introspection- A Key to Know Yourself | Part1
- Thematic Apperception Test-TAT in SSB [Introduction]